- Travel Messes. Every day of travel (four) has had at least one unscheduled delay. This is being posted from Orlando, where we are delayed by at least two hours.
- SCUBA. Tessa is certified -- see our honeymoon portrait. I spent almost twenty four hours underwater.
- 2006. Is over... finally. I hope I don't say the same next year. It can't be as eventful, right?
- Dec 15-24. Pirate's Point Resort on Little Cayman in the Cayman Islands.
This was a great little spot with a great staff and a very simple lifestyle. An emphasis on great food and relaxation, along with what clearly is some of the finest diving in the world.
- Dec 24-30. Silver Sands Condos on Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman.
Tessa survived a Vogel Clan vacation! The two of us prepared a family dinner the night after my uncle Mark cooked... and it was a success.
- Dec 30-Jan 1. Graycliff Hotel (and Restaurant, Cigar factory, etc) on Nassau Island in the Bahamas
A nice thing about staying at the only five star restaurant in the islands is that they still prepare and delivery from their room service menu late on New Years Eve when one is feeling too exhausted to go out and too poor to sit for their $384/person dinner. The Bahamas were more accessible and intriguing than expected... we will be back.
I have been on a lot of trips, but this one will be hard to beat. Certainly, I won't be able to afford anything like this again any time soon. But worth it. If we could just get out of the Orlando airport...